Book Time: The Mortal Instruments

 .•¤ Book Time ¤•.

Returning with another book time, I think this is my favorite part of the blog, because I'm an assumed BookWorm , I usually read a lot since childhood, I remember my favorite Christmas and birthday presents have always been books, and It's a habit I keep until today.
The book this time is not just a book, but a whole series, "The Mortal Instruments" by Cassandra Clare, I confess that this was the first time I looked for a book after having seen its adaptation to screens.


I remember going to the movies with a friend and have loved the poster of this movie, without knowing anything about the story we decided to go and just watch it, and I loved, simple as that, I loved, I usually don't like stories that revolve around romantic couples, but this movie had such a different story and elements that I always loved, so even though the movie have a big focus on the central couple I just loved it.
The secondary characters were super charismatic in a different way, you had with them a relationship of love and hate, after I finished watching the movie and realized it was based on a book series I was curious and I went seek to find out more, but only this month I finally bought the box with the first 4 books.

City of Bones: When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder—much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It’s hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing—not even a smear of blood—to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?This is Clary’s first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It’s also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace’s world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...

For now I only read the first book, "City of Bones", but I'm fascinated, I devoured the book in 3 days, as I said the secondary characters draw my attention more than the main couple, especially Alec, with which I have a love-hate relationship, he has that carrogant attitude that I hate but at the same time realize that it is just a facade to hide what he really feels, and then I love him.
Another character I loved was Magnus Bane, keep this name it still will be very important throughout the series and I will not say anything more about it to not spoil the surprise.
The book is full of fantasy mingling among the buildings of the modern city, I think this is one of the coolest points of the book, as if there is a different and invisible world inside of our own.
While the book discusses past and common themes such as vampires and werewolves and hunters, he gives them a new look that leaves no tiresome reading or beat.
The Hunters here are described as "Shadow Hunters", or "Nephilim", and this is where it gets interesting, the Nephilims are half angels, For that reason they have the amazing ability to be invisible to the eyes of common people among many other fantastic abilities. 
If you love a good book of fantasy and magic like me, you will absolutely love this book.








No comments:

Post a Comment